Michael Patton (President of Credo House) has written a series of 21 articles called, “…and other stupid statements”. Obviously the title is meant to provoke curiosity. But the issue of credibility is one that Christians are well aware of. The Bible, after all, is full of miraculous events and people.
But there are some things Christians say that Michael believes are “stupid statements”.
The reactions to Michael’s articles have been quite varied.
After reading some of these articles you may even find yourself saying:
- What could he possibly mean by that!
- I’ve said that before!
- I’ve heard that so many times and it always annoyed me!
- What the big deal with that?
- Who cares?
Whatever your reaction is, we hope that you’ll find one that piques your interest.
21 Things Christians Say that Hurt Their Credibility
- You can’t use the Bible to prove the Bible
- You can’t out-give God.
- Christianity is dependent on your character witness.
- Good question. I will find the answer and get back to you.
- If the Bible is not inerrant, then Christianity is false.
- If there are modern day prophets, then the canon is still open.
- God comes before my wife.
- I don’t want to know about God, I just want to know him.
- Everyone who disagrees with me is a liar.
- In heaven, we will be bowing down before the thrown of God 24/7
- Nothing could be further from the truth.
- When we get to heaven we will be timeless.
- All sins are equal in God’s sight.
- The Bible says it, therefore it’s true.
- The trinity is like 3-in–1 shampoo.
- One white lie will send you to hell for all eternity.
- I was going to preach this, but the Holy Spirit led me to this.
- Belief is no good without practice (Part 1)
- Belief is no good without practice (Part 2)
- Belief is no good without practice (Part 3)
- You ask me how I know he lives…he lives within my heart.