1. Zach is doing much better. No cancer! Thank you all so much for praying. I have not been able to process my joy (and surprise) at how many of you prayed. It is very encouraging. I really mean that.
2. The IRS says I owe them $2000 in back taxes! From 2005. What is up with that? I think I know where they got it wrong, but I don’t have the ability or time to research and get a hold of all the documents and testimonies (not to mention having a company change a 1099 that they won’t change). So I just paid it today. There went my return. :(
3. Something about me you did not know: I am the best break-dancer on the planet. I can do it all and I just keep getting better. Sure, no one has done this since 1982, but I am just waiting for it to come back! On a mission trip in Romania, while hanging out in the street, I noticed that the kids were break dancing! (They are a little behind.) I went to show these kids how it is really done. The kids were so excited that they called all their friends. Before I knew it there were almost a hundred neighborhood kids all watching “the crazy American.” Then their parents came to see what was going on. Then the news station. Next thing you knew I was giving the Gospel to a very large crowed of people! When I got back to the Baptist church where I was serving, the leadership pulled me aside and said, “We don’t dance here. It is not right.” That was all! Sigh . . .
Can you believe it? Jesus on a galaxy? I about fell apart laughing when he told everyone to open their eyes. That was too funny.
5. How do I sinfully waste time sometimes? Playing Texas hold’em.
6. Update on mom: Mom has not recovered much from her stroke. She still just sits in the same chair watching the same movies over and over. She can’t talk or walk. Please keep praying for her and for my dad. Bill and Brenda Patton.
7. Blog plug. Shane Vaner Hart, Caffeinated Thoughts
8. The new Star Trek movie comes out May 8, who is with me?!!!
9. The Theological Word of the Day gets over 12,000 views a day! I did not expect it to take off so much in less than a year. Too bad I can’t spell. Luckily, I have people who correct it, but not until it has gone out through the feed.
10. If you get this blog by email feed, it does not show who the author is. Sometimes it is not me, so check. I get a lot of email responses for other people’s posts.
11. Book I am reading: Leaving the Fold. The author is a psychologist who helps people leave religion. She hold seminars with support groups. Interesting book, but basically has the same conceptions that are part of this same ilk. Her grip is with a very legalistic form of Christianity. She attacks it the whole time. It is not really fair, but, truthfully, it is the only form of Christianity that many people know. Sigh . . .
12. An actor that I really like: Vin Diesel. He is just cool for some reason. Almost as cool as your truly.
13. Exercise tip: There is not really a best cardio machine. Anything that gets your heart rate up consistently for 20 minutes a day is good. If you want to lose weight, go for more than 30 minutes consistently (no breaks). Your body does not start using fat calories until you have gone for more than 30 minutes. (Some say 20, but let’s be safe). (I was a fitness trainer for 8 years in the 90s.)
14. Glen Beck scares me. (I mean in a Christian sort of way.)
15. Mundane desire: I want a KX 250 dirt bike. I have wanted one since I was 15. Some day when I am rich. I drive by the Kawasaki store all the time and dream.
16. Going to teach a six week course on Apologetics at Crossings Community Church in Oklahoma City starting in four weeks. Wed nights at 6:30. You are welcome to come. It is free.
18. Where I would like to live if I did not live here: Colorado Springs.