1. I found this study interesting considering much talk about how the present postmodern generation tends to be less committed than previous generations.
Members of the Millennial generation are just as likely to open their wallets to charities as those born decades earlier . . .
[Study] showed that young donors are as generous as those from older generations.
“We thought we would see some real differences, but giving across generations is not all that different,” says Edith Falk, chair and CEO of Chicago-based fundraising consultancy Campbell & Co.
. . . All other factors being equal, the study showed, the average giving level of Millennials is about the same as that of other generations.
2. Six Prayers God Always Answers (*Results May Vary) is a new book from Tyndale that explores some of the mysteries of prayer in a winsome and helpful way. In a chapter entitled “Prayers God Rarely Answers” the authors Mark Harringshaw and Jennifer Schuchmann say “Some questions get us in too deep, dredging up bottom filth that we never bargined for. Some questions are too big. Why is one of them.”
3. Theology Unplugged and Converse with Scholars. As we are anticipating some major “upgrades” here at Reclaiming the Mind, both TUP and CWS have been put on hold. Expect to continue to see them, but they will be more spuratic until the end of the Summer.
4. Pray for Ed Komoszewski. As you know, Ed has been such an important part of this ministry for some time now. He is also a dear friend. He has some serious health problems and is in need of prayer. As is the case whenever problems like this arise, there are many financial difficulties that he and his family are enduring. Please pray for this as well. I don’t want to share too many details here on the blog, but those of you who desire more details and would like to help, please let me know though email.
5. Bob Practico list the Top Ten Theological Scams.
6. Darth Vader Golfing:
7. Six reasons why Batman could take Yoda
1. Batman is taller.
2. Batman is smarter.
3. Batman would already know how to reverse the effect of the force.
4. The dark side would be mistaken for the Dark Knight and Yoda would compromise the code.
5. Yoda would simply be too scared to fight.
6. The anti-force alarm in the Batbelt.
8. Sproul on the difference between salvation and justification (love it!)
9. Was Noah’s flood local, global, parable, myth, or legend? What a conversation going on here.