by Ruth TuckerJuly 11th, 2007 48 Comments
I’ve been generous to the Catholics this week on matters of Salvation by faith and works, and now what do I get? Pope Benedict XVII kicks me in the face by approving a document that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches—that the Catholic church is the only true path to salvation. The other communities “cannot be called ‘churches’ in the proper sense” because they don’t have apostolic succession. Thus their ordinations are not valid. Well, so much for Catholics. Such slurs can go two ways.
I’m going along with many of my former students in their assessment:
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS A CULT.
- In Defense of Sola Scriptura – Part Six – Apostolic Succession?
- Can Catholics Affirm Sola Scriptura?
- In Defense of Sola Scriptura – Part Three – An Argument for the Dual-Source Theory
- Theology Unplugged: “Marks of a False Church” (What is the “True” Church #5)
- First Things Blogcast #4: Catholics vs. Evangelicals on Justification