by Ed KomoszewskiJuly 22nd, 2007 Be First to Comment
Fred Sanders and Klaus Issler have recently edited an important book on the relationship of Jesus to the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective: An Introductory Christology will be an outstanding follow-up volume for those of you who study the evidence for the deity of Christ that Rob Bowman and I have amassed in Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ. Once you’ve got a solid grasp on the fact of Jesus’ divine identity, you’ll want to spend some time wrestling with how that fact fits into a larger Trinitarian framework.
Readers of Parchment and Pen will also be interested in a series of blogs that Fred Sanders has been posting on the Christology of the ecumenical councils. Be sure to check out these links:
- Do Catholics Deny Chalcedon in their View of Mass?
- The Great Trinity Debate – Coming April 2010
- Heresies: Nestorianism – A Divided Christ
- In What Sense Are Jesus and the Father One? Part II: One in Power?
- Introducing Bible Boot Camp DVD Curriculum: Essentials of the Faith